1. You will receive a body. You may like it or dislike it, but it’s yours for life. Make friends with it, respect it, and listen to it. Your body always tells you many truths about yourself.
2. There are no mistakes, only lessons. You are made to grow, and growth is a process of trial and error, learning, and moving on. The pains of past failures are even more a teacher than the joys of gains and successes. Live and learn!
3. A lesson will be repeated until it is learned. Realize that you cannot keep performing the same behavior and expect different results. Who, or whatever, hurts you and goes against your true growth, let go of and move on. Wise up!
4. The most important things in life are loving relationships. Your Creator’s initial advice was, “It is not good to be alone.” That was not advice against enjoying solitude but a warning about being unconnected and emotionally alone. Being in orbit around your own ego makes a mighty small world and a selfish person. Care about others! Learn to love!
5. Other people can serve as mirrors. The significant traits you like or despise about another person frequently reflect something unconscious you like or despise about yourself – but which you find it hard to admit. Know thyself!
6. Whether it’s a place or a time of life, “there” is not always better than “here.” Too often the best seems to be happening “there.” But if you get “there” it then becomes a “here” and you will likely yearn for another “there” that seems better than “here.” Don’t always be living looking at a “there.” Always appreciate the “here,” the “now!”
7. Every human person has many aspects: body, soul, mind and heart. Leaving any part of yourself undeveloped produces a lop-sided and unfulfilled person. To the extent that you develop all the parts of your humanness makes your life either a work of art or a blurred picture. Become more whole!
8. The most wonderful part of you lies deep within. It’s called “soul,” or “core,” or “true self.” It starts talking to you the loudest in the second half of your life. If you listen, it will impart wisdom, truths, and exquisite understanding you’ve never had before. If you don’t listen, you’ll miss the meaning of your life. Don’t be afraid to reflect! To listen!
9. You create your own climate. That’s because of the power of the thoughts you entertain, the attitudes you keep, the choices you make. Gripe and think negatively and your life will always be overcast and dark. Appreciate, and you’ll start noticing the many good things you have. You get the emotional climate you develop. Why rain on yourself?
10. There are many important things in this life, and there are a few things that are really essential. Never, never exchange the essential for the important.